Political prisoners were arbitrarily arrested and tortured brutally under the military dictatorship in Myanmar. The State have to recognize political prisoners, promote their dignity and provide reparations for political prisoners. The micro-video of #TransitionalJustice in Asia is produced by 🇲🇲ND-Burma, 🇲🇲AAPP and AJAR to commemorate the International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims.
ND-Burma formed in 2004 in order to provide a way for Burma human rights organizations to collaborate on the human rights documentation process.
The 13 ND-Burma member organizations seek to collectively use the truth of what communities in Burma have endured to advocate for justice for victims.
ND-Burma trains local organizations in human rights documentation; coordinates members’ input into a common database using Martus, a secure open-source software; and engages in joint-advocacy campaigns.
- OPEN LETTER TO AUSTRALIAN FOREIGN MINISTER PENNY WONG FROM 688 CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANISATIONS
- Almost 100 Civilians Tortured to Death by Myanmar Regime Since Coup
- Weekly Update 20 jun – 26 Jun 2022
- Married couple tied up and shot by Myanmar forces in Tanintharyi region
- Three men found dead after attack on Myanmar military convoy