The resistance is thriving but they need more support. Upon the rise of pro-junta militias is a greater threat to civilian safety and security which must be met with urgency. The National Unity Government must be supported with funds which would ensure PDFs and EROs are well equipped as they defend their communities and fight the illegal, illegitimate and immoral junta.
ND-Burma formed in 2004 in order to provide a way for Burma human rights organizations to collaborate on the human rights documentation process.
The 13 ND-Burma member organizations seek to collectively use the truth of what communities in Burma have endured to advocate for justice for victims.
ND-Burma trains local organizations in human rights documentation; coordinates members’ input into a common database using Martus, a secure open-source software; and engages in joint-advocacy campaigns.
- Junta troops burn 500 homes, displace thousands in Sagaing
- TIME FOR THE EMERGENCE OF A NEW NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE OF MYANMAR
- The Human Rights Foundation of Monland Releases a New Briefer, “The Rise of Pro-Junta Militias in Southeastern Burma”
- The Rise of Pro-Junta Militias in Southeastern Burma
- Latest Report by the Network for Human Rights Documentation – Burma Finds Crimes Against Humanity, War Crimes Perpetrated by the Myanmar Junta￼