February 1, 2021
- The Assistance Association for Political Prisoners (AAPP) can not believe in this military coup, Burma’s democracy must be upheld.
- The current political conditions in Burma do not require a state of emergency.
- According to the basic principle of democracy, that refers to the power of the state derived from the people, the election result on November 8, 2020 must be recognized as the true will of the people.
- The detentions of members of the civilian government and elected representatives is not in line with any existing law and tarnishes Myanmar’s image among the international community.
- We therefore urge the immediate release of all these political detainees.
For more information: