Within January 15 – 21, the Military junta did 6 times airstrikes in Sagaing, Magway Region, Kayin state. They used 500 lb burning bombs that destroyed houses and civilians. They relocated 700 prisoners and 3 political prisoners from Insion Prison to others.
ND-Burma formed in 2004 in order to provide a way for Burma human rights organizations to collaborate on the human rights documentation process.
The 13 ND-Burma member organizations seek to collectively use the truth of what communities in Burma have endured to advocate for justice for victims.
ND-Burma trains local organizations in human rights documentation; coordinates members’ input into a common database using Martus, a secure open-source software; and engages in joint-advocacy campaigns.
- Myanmar army column advances through Sagaing Region township, torching seven villages in one day
- Two years after coup, Myanmar faces unimaginable regression, says UN Human Rights Chief
- Myanmar army columns merge in Sagaing to carry out raids following resistance ambush
- Beyond the Headlines: Myanmar’s detained President moved to prison, whereabouts of family unknown
- Junta air force repeatedly bombs Sagaing Region village