Deadline: 15 July, 2009
ND-Burma seeks a committed and enthusiastic person to join our team in Chiang Mai, Thailand as Outreach Coordinator. This position is full time and to start as soon as possible.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in NGO environment
- Burmese or Thai nationality
- Must have valid document
- Ability and willingness to travel where ND Burma members are based (Currently; Chaing Mai, Kanchanaburi and Mae Sot)
- Excellent communication skills, including English and Burmese verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to maintain files and records, and able to arrange and conduct meetings
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people from all parts of society
- Computer literacy (MS word, Excel, email/ internet and other applications)
- Proven skills in planning, organizing and report writing
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work, and meet deadlines
- Willingness to commit to full-time work for at least one year
Required Personal Qualities
- Highly motivated
- Able to work under pressure.
- Team player
- Committed to human rights, social justice and peace.
The Outreach Coordinator will report to the Program Coordinator
- Provide assistance in a variety of ND-Burma work functions when required e.g. training workshops, forum, campaigns, and documentation work, as requested by the Coordinator or the Teams or the Management Board.
- Ensure regular and two way communication is kept with ND-Burma member organizations, keeping them updated and informed on ND-Burma’s work and progress
- Provide support to ND-Burma members prioritising those which are new members, providing assistance with ND-Burma documenting system, trainings etc
- Liaise with non ND-Burma member organizations for collaboration with ND-Burma activities.
- Develop relationships with non-ND-Burma members involved in human rights documentation, providing opportunities for non-members to contribute to and benefit from ND-Burma’s work.
- Bring in non-members to advocacy efforts to highlight human rights issues in Burma
- Maintain well-organized project files, using the filing system of the office.
- Attend meetings and represent ND-Burma as required
- Contribute to ND Burma’s planning and evaluating process and proposal and report writing.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive local salary corresponding with the qualifications of the applicant will be provided
- This position offers people an opportunity to engage with local, regional and international human rights advocacy networks
- A desk with office space will be provided at the ND-Burma Chiang Mai office
- Access to ND-Burma human rights and documentation courses
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position please provide the following:
- Resume or CV
- Contact numbers and email address
- Names and contact information for at least 2 character references.
Please email your application as soon as possible to mghanpai[at]gmail[dot]com. Women and people from ethnic nationalities in Burma are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that application deadline is 15 July 2009.
If you have more question, please contact to Han Min Soe at 08 102 313 54 (or) 08 19615992 (or) mghanpai[at]gmail[dot]com