ND-Burma held Advanced International Criminal Law training on March 2nd-4th with Ms. Melissa Pack a barrister and senior counsel on the Aegis Trust’s international justice programme.
This training was a follow up to our earlier International law training and looked at;
- what international criminal law is and how it is enforced
- crimes applicable to the ICC and the elements of these crimes
- what evidence is and the forms of evidence in international criminal cases
- how to document towards future transitional justice processes
- basic principles related to how the ICC investigates and prosecutes crimes
The training was well attended by ND-Burma member organisations as well as other several other Human right defender organisations in the area.